The 1st Pressman is in charge of running the entire press system, takes full responsibility for printed product, must have sufficient knowledge of every component of all printing presses, provide a safe working environment to ensure continuous effective operations, while following/supporting the policies, goals and objectives of JTS Direct LLC. The 1st Pressman directs activities, communicates to all team members in a respectful and appropriate manner, actively participates in the development and training of all team members and temporary help within the assigned work area to meet the goals of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and operates web and offset presses making any adjustments (e.g. registration, color, perforation cuts, mounting plates, paper change, color change, etc), in order to ensure that the product produced meets job specifications and quality standards.
- Examines job order to determine quantity to be printed, stock specifications, colors and special printing instructions.
- Prepares proper and accurate paperwork in order to monitor status of equipment and press team.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all OSHA, safety and environmental rules and regulations and housekeeping procedures to insure a safe working environment and continue improving upon 5S objectives.
- Visually inspects the press impressions by checking quality to ensure job specifications and quality requirements per client are met.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks (lubricating the press, cleaning the presses, replacing filters, cleaning ink rollers, dampeners and the blankets and inspecting and replacing water filters, pressure rollers, image cylinder, etc) regularly to keep equipment in good working condition and when appropriate completing maintenance requisitions.
- Ensures press team is productive, organized and busy at all times. Ensures press speeds, make-readies and overall productivity of team meets or exceeds planned rates.
- Reacts quickly to make fast adjustments in order to minimize waste and downtime.
- Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment - everything has a place and everything should be in place.
- Takes the lead in solving problems and working with any team members in finding solutions.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of good departmental and company safety/housekeeping/PPE practices.
- Knowledge of terminology, job flow, job tickets and the quality standards for the Press area.
- Strong mechanical aptitude & basic math skills required.
- Previous Heatset Offset Web Printing experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years in the printing industry
Please apply by sending resumes or come in during our walk in times!
2124 Silvernail Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Next Level Staffing, Ltd., represents a full-service staffing company that specializing in staffing clerical and industrial positions. Review our website at www.nextlevelstaff.com or call us at (262) 408-5332 for additional information.