The Roll Tender assists in the operation of lithographic printing presses which produce quality inserts meeting internal and external customer needs. The Roll Tender’s job functions include ensuring product produced meets job specifications and quality standards, ensuring paper splices are prepared and adequate for continual press operation, visually inspecting press impressions, performing preventative maintenance tasks to keep presses in good working condition, properly and accurately reporting paper usage by recording the date, job, roll number, original weight, and actual weight used, and organizing the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the operation of the litho presses (e.g. make ready, perforation cuts, mounting of plates, paper change, etc.) in order to ensure that the product produced meets the job specifications and quality standards.
- Ensures paper meets job specifications and paper splices are prepared and adequate for continual press operations.
- Visually inspects the press impressions by checking quality that meets job specifications and quality requirements per client.
- Performs preventative maintenance task (e.g. lubricating the press, cleaning the presses, replacing filters, cleaning ink rollers, dampeners and the blankets and inspecting and replacing water filters, pressure rollers, image cylinder, etc) regularly to keep equipment in good working condition.
- Properly and accurately reports paper usage by recording the date, job, correct roll number, original weight, and actual weight used.
- Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment; everything has a place everything should be in place.
- Understands departmental procedures and policies.
- Past experience working on web fed presses.
- Knowledge of terminology, job flow, job tickets and comply with the quality standards for the Press area.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to operate fork and clamp truck strongly preferred
- Good communications skills both oral and written.
- Must be able to communicate with Supervisors, other operators and mechanics.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Please apply by sending resumes or come in during our walk-in times.
2124 Silvernail Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Next Level Staffing, Ltd., represents a full-service staffing company that specializing in staffing clerical and industrial positions. Review our website at www.nextlevelstaff.com or call us at (262) 408-5332 for additional information.